To pitch: Email our Senior Features Editor, Janet Manley, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When sending to the appropriate editor listed, please use the subject line PITCH:TOPIC or HEADLINE. Depending on your type of submission, please include the following: a few sentences about the main focus of your story, a brief outline including potential sources, whether or not you have connected with your subject thus far (for profiles), your plan for images, and links to relevant clips.
Full drafts will not be accepted unless otherwise listed.
Romper is seeking the following feature pitches:
- Reported pieces with 3-4 original sources (at least 1200 words)
- Original takes on breaking news or cultural trends
- Personal essays that will make news
- Stories that take us outside of NYC, focus on an issue the media isn't covering, give a name to a specific feeling that parenthood brings, and represent the Romper values of feminism, inclusion, and equality.
What makes a great Romper story?
- A nonfiction piece should still feel like a story, and put us in a certain time and place.
- A piece that finds complex shades of emotion beyond joy/depression.
We accept pitches on a rolling basis. Your pitch should include:
- A few sentences describing your piece
- A sentence or clips illustrating why you're the best person to write the piece
- Who you would reach out to for quotes/experts/"real people," etc
- How fast you can turn the piece around
- Your rate for the piece
RECENT EXAMPLES INCLUDE:
These Hospitals Are Doing Amazing Things For Parents Suffering Infant Loss
Trying For A Baby After Cancer: Young Women Deal With Their Hopes For A Family
Yes, Postpartum Anxiety Is Terrifying, But You Don't Have To Endure It With Teeth Gritted
Support Through The Long, Dark Night For Families At This Live-In Sleep Clinic In Australia
Dear Mayim: Beauty Doesn't Invite Sexual Abuse, & Modesty Won't Save You From It Either
Dear Mothers Of The Accused: This Is Not The Way
Joking About The "Daddy Stitch" After Childbirth Is Freakin' Gross
I'm So Over Momspiration
Jessica Biel’s Views On Parenting Will Make You Go “Same”
I Thought My Water Broke, But, *Spoiler,* I Had Just Peed Myself
I Had My Daughter’s Astrological Chart Read, & It Was A Huge Relief
I Had Sex With Oversupply, & It Got Weird
I Tried Gummy Vitamins To Fix My Postpartum Hair Loss & They Were Basically Magic
I Tried A Breastfeeding Bodysuit, & I Learned Something Important About Physics
Why Are Millennial Women So Obsessed With Target?
Tiny-Home Families Are Hacking Your Biggest Parenting Anxieties & #Winning
The Extended Rear-Facing Car Seat Movement Is Looking At You
Ivanka Trump’s Book About Working Women, Edited By A Woman Who Works
My Super-Honest Very Accurate Birth Plan